Thank you for considering employment with Madison Strategies Group. If you feel that your skills and experience are aligned to career opportunities with MSG, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the position title in the subject line of your email.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Administrative Assistant/Bookkeeper (New York City)
Madison Strategies is currently seeking a highly motivated Administrative Assistant/Bookkeeper (New York City Office) to join a strong team dedicated to serving the workforce needs of both businesses and jobseekers. The Administrative Assistant/Bookkeeper position is primarily responsible for providing administrative and accounting support to a non-profit organization. The position will report directly to the Director of Finance & Administration and include work in the areas of office management, administrative support, and bookkeeping.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Adeptly handle administrative matters including meeting set-up, sending donor’s letters, composing documents and organizing office for efficiency
- Provide comprehensive support for senior-level staff, including managing and coordinating projects and processes in support of effective business operations
- Generate memos, emails, and reports when appropriate
- Assume responsibility for maintenance of office equipment, including computers, copy machines, and fax machines
- Maintain office supplies and order items
- Respond to questions and requests for information
- Answer incoming calls and assume other receptionist duties when needed
- Assist in the overall accounts payable process to include the following:
- Coding and entering invoices, credit card and employee reimbursement costs using QuickBooks software
- Printing & mailing checks to vendors and employees
- Performing monthly reconciliation process for credit card, and bank accounts
- Filing invoices and maintaining efficient record-keeping process
- Oversee client incentive inventory for both Career Directions and Career Connections programs, including tracking distribution of subway Metrocards and other client supports
- Manage petty cash expenses for the NYC office, including updated monthly expense reports
- Provide support for hiring and general human resource needs, as appropriate
- At least 3 years’ previous experience working directly in an accounts payable, invoicing, and/or general administrative role
- Highly organized and process-oriented, with experience creating and maintaining administrative files for a small/medium-size organization or business
- Attention to detail and strong computer skills in Microsoft Office programs (in particular Word, Excel)
- Experience in QuickBooks (preferred) or other accounting software is highly desirable
- Previous work experience with non-profit organizations is a plus
- Professional, friendly personality and willing to work both with colleagues and program participants
- Outstanding interpersonal, customer service, leadership, and organizational skills; thrive within detail-oriented, deadline-driven environments
- Ability to interact professionally with all levels of staff and maintain the highest level of confidentiality; employ tact and diplomacy in handling sensitive issues
- Excellent written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated commitment to the organization’s overall mission
This is a full-time role, with a salary of $40,000 per year and excellent benefits.
Workforce Development Internship – Fall 2017 (New York City)
Madison Strategies Group is looking for a dynamic college student with an interest in working with diverse New Yorkers and strong writing skills to join our team for our Summer 2017 internship.
The Workforce Development Internship is an excellent opportunity for a student interested in learning more about program delivery in a non-profit focused on workforce development. The intern will receive extensive training and gain hands-on experience working directly with a variety of staff members and participants receiving job readiness services with the goal of finding employment and advancing their careers. The intern will also be able to strengthen their own career readiness skills, while gaining exposure toward a career in human resources, organizational development/psychology, education, or non-profit administration.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work directly with participants who attend Career Readiness Training, assisting trainers in facilitating classroom activities
- Write resumes with/for participants, and assist with other computer assignments such as emailing, cover letter writing, and online job searching
- Perform outreach and re-engagement services for potential and past participants
- Assist with general administrative tasks and special projects, such as supporting social media strategy and performing research/resource projects, as needed
- Commitment to serving others and ability to work as a reliable team member
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Strong creative writing and editing ability
- Excellent computer literacy, especially knowledge of formatting in Microsoft Word and ability to type at least 60 WPM
- Interest in the non-profit sector generally and specifically in workforce development with a desire to gain valuable work experience
- Flexible and able to adapt quickly to new situations and tasks
Ideally, we are looking for 1 intern to commit to working 20 hours/week for the fall 2017 semester; however, we are open to 2 interns working 10-12 hours each. Please indicate your availability in your cover letter.
Start and end dates are flexible. We prefer a late August/early September start, with the option to end in mid-December or extend into late January/early February.
This position is a paid internship with a salary of $11/hour. There are no benefits or other financial compensation available for this intern position.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com and include the title Workforce Development Intern in the subject line.