Thank you for considering employment with Madison Strategies Group. If you feel that your skills and experience are aligned to career opportunities with MSG, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please include the position title in the subject line of your email.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Director of Development (New York City)
Madison Strategies Group, an innovative organization, is looking for an experienced Director of Development, with proven success to spearhead development efforts at this workforce development non-profit. The Director of Development is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing all fundraising. This person must have the ability to identify potential funders, coordinate the development of new programs, and write winning grants. The Director works closely with the Executive Director and the Board of Directors in all development and fundraising endeavors.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Execute Madison Strategies Group’s annual fundraising plan
- Write and submit winning grants
- Secure financial support from foundations, government agencies, corporations, and individuals
- Develop new programs and write them up in a compelling way
- Utilize existing fundraising contacts to grow revenue
- Expand foundation outreach and develop new revenue streams from public and private donors
- Work with the Executive Director on fundraising special events
- Assist Tulsa office as needed
- Expand existing donor base by taking MSG’s fundraising to the next level
- Create and maintain fundraising database and tracking systems
- Perform other related duties as requested
- 3-5 years minimum experience in workforce development professional fundraising
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Federal or State Government grant writing experience preferred
- Have existing relationships with funders, government agencies, corporations, and individuals
- Demonstrated ability to attain public contracts as well as to raise funds through foundation grants
- Experience expanding and cultivating relationships with multiple donor sources
- Strategic vision to develop new programs
- A Bachelor’s degree
Competitive salary with full benefits.
Founded by a group of workforce professionals, Madison Strategies is expert at providing our clients with the tools they need in order to thrive. The individuals we work with need a professional path that is right for them so that they find careers, and not simply jobs. We know that by training and preparing our clients to navigate their individual career journeys we are not only improving their lives but also their communities. We also build strong relationships with employers and take the time to learn about their businesses and what they look for in their best employees so that we can provide them with individuals who contribute to the success of their businesses and strengthen their workplaces.
Our programs provide individuals with the valuable tools and personalized guidance they need to succeed in their careers and lives. We frequently collaborate with other providers to offer comprehensive services. This includes partnering with benefits and legal assistance providers to support the successful re-entry of men and women leaving Rikers Island. We also work with community groups such as food pantries and shelters to help their participants attain stable employment. We focus our efforts on sectors that offer decent wages and opportunities for advancement, including transportation/manufacturing, health care and social assistance, and hospitality/food service.
Madison Strategies currently operates in New York City and Tulsa, with our headquarters in New York City. We are committed to sharing information and best practices across our program network and one of our programs is currently undergoing a rigorous random assignment evaluation.
Madison Strategies Group is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse workforce.
Workforce Development Internship – Fall 2017 (New York City)
Madison Strategies Group is looking for a dynamic college student with an interest in working with diverse New Yorkers and strong writing skills to join our team for our Fall 2017 internship.
The Workforce Development Internship is an excellent opportunity for a student interested in learning more about program delivery in a non-profit focused on workforce development. The intern will receive extensive training and gain hands-on experience working directly with a variety of staff members and participants receiving job readiness services with the goal of finding employment and advancing their careers. The intern will also be able to strengthen their own career readiness skills, while gaining exposure toward a career in human resources, organizational development/psychology, education, or non-profit administration.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work directly with participants who attend Career Readiness Training, assisting trainers in facilitating classroom activities
- Write resumes with/for participants, and assist with other computer assignments such as emailing, cover letter writing, and online job searching
- Perform outreach and re-engagement services for potential and past participants
- Assist in supporting the implementation of our social media strategy
- Assist with general administrative tasks and special research/curriculum development projects, as needed
- Commitment to serving others and ability to work as a reliable team member
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Strong creative writing and editing ability
- Excellent computer literacy, especially knowledge of formatting in Microsoft Word and ability to type at least 60 WPM
- Interest in the non-profit sector generally and specifically in workforce development with a desire to gain valuable work experience
- Flexible and able to adapt quickly to new situations and tasks
- Experience managing social media apps is preferred but not required
Ideally, we are looking for 1 intern to commit to working 20 hours/week for the fall 2017 semester; however, we are open to 2 interns working 10-12 hours each. Please indicate your availability in your cover letter.
Start and end dates are flexible. We prefer a mid-to-late August or early September start, with the option to end in mid-December or extend into late January/early February.
This position is a paid internship with a salary of $11/hour. There are no benefits or other financial compensation available for this intern position.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the title Workforce Development Intern in the subject line.